Do you think proposed Unified License Regime will reduce the telecom licensing mess?
RSS feeder 1.0, 2.0
GOVT. IMPOSED NEW LEVIES ON IN
GOVT. IMPOSED NEW LEVIES ON INTERNET / BROADBAND - CONTRADICTS OBJECTIVE OF NTP 2012 - AFFORDABILITY & RURAL BROADBAND
1. It will be disaster for the penetration of Broadband in the country which is already in the doldrums. Was not able to achieve Target of 40 Million by 2010, in doubt to touch 175 million by 2017 and 600 Million by 2020.
2. It is not mere 8% but will have cascading impact, which will increase the cost from 25% to over 60% depending upon ISP to ISP.
3. It is against the Main objective and spirit of National Telecom Policy 2012 which states â€śaffordable and on demand Internet/Broadband connection to citizen of Indiaâ€ť
4. Main thrust of Govt. is for Rural Broadband penetration, Rural people finds present rate non affordable what about after imposition of new LEVIES.
5. PENALTY for ISP segment (revenue 7500 Crores as per TRAI) while REWARD to Other OPERATORS by leaving IP 1 sector (revenue 25000 crores as per TRAI) without imposing any LEVIES, while TRAI advised LEVIES to both sector for level playing field and in NTP recommendation.
6. ISP penalized for Government's failure to audit telco's arising out of the differential revenue share payable by them against their multiple licenses, leading to the alleged underreporting of revenue.
7. Imposed TAX without even analyzing the financial position of ISP segment.
8. POLICY will remove competition by KILLING 90% ISP serving to niche smaller town and rural area - READY to FACE MONOPOLISTIC INTERNET PRICES thus making INTERNET SERVICES for privileged.
+91 98110 38188
GOVT. IMPOSED TAX ON INTERNET / BROADBAND - CONTRADICTS OBJECTIVE OF NTP 2012 - AFFORDABILITY & RURAL BROADBAND