How to become an ISP
One of the objectives of the National Telecom policy-2012 is "Strive to create One Nation - One License" across services and service areas.
The Government has decided to grant Unified License (UL) after considering the recommendations of TRAI for Unified Licenses.
Authorization under Unified License comprises for any one or more services listed below:
1. Unified License (All Services)
2. Access Service (Service Area-wise)
3. Internet Service (Category-A with All India jurisdiction)
4. Internet Service (Category-B with jurisdiction in a Service Area)
5. Internet Service (Category-C with jurisdiction in a Secondary Switching Area)
6. National Long Distance (NLD) Service
7. International Long Distance (ILD) Service
8. Global Mobile Personal Communication by Satellite (GMPCS) Service
9. Public Mobile Radio Trunking Service (PMRTS) Service
10. Very Small Aperture Terminal (VSAT) Closed User Group (CUG) Service
11. INSAT MSS-Reporting (MSS-R) Service
12. Resale of International private Leased Circuit (IPLC) Service
Note: Authorization for Unified License (All Services) would however cover all services listed at para 2(ii) (b) in all service areas, 2 (ii) (c), 2(ii) (f) to 2(ii) (l) above.
The broad guidelines for grant of Unified License have also been announced.
UL Guidelines (419.5 KB)